Sunday, January 22, 2012

My "Cheating" Heart And Mouth

So actually I think this post represents my record number of posts in a row on this blog, the grand total of four continuous posts. I think that was my total in 2009 or 2010. I'll fact check that later.

Well this week, where to start. Oh yes I was "successful." I completed 3 days where I went to the gym twice, and 5 days where I went to the gym daily. I lifted three times this week. Thank G-d! My other "success" was when I taped the circumference of my waist. I lost another 1/4th of an inch, to bring my three week total to 1.5 inches lost. I should be happy, as my stated goal was to lose 2 inches around my waist every 4 weeks. I am maintaining that. However as I reflect on the amount of working out I did versus the poor food choices I made, that number could have been more. If I was lucky I ate well about 60% of the time last week. A far cry from the stated goal of 90% of the time.

I'm happy to have still lost, but the effort to do so was clearly sabotaged because I didn't stop cheating last Saturday night. It carried over into Sunday, (twice), Monday, and probably Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Here's a sampling of my diet for those days.

Saturday: The biggest sandwich they have at Jimmy Johns with a Coke, and a bag of chips. Now to my credit I ate this sandwich over the course of 5 hours while at my part time job. Later on that night I stop at this barbecue place called Bone Daddy's and had the pulled pork sliders (4), with fries, and 2 very large Sprites.

Sunday: I ate breakfast with my friend Melissa, and her husband Shane. I ate a HUGE apple pancake, a specialty of the Original Pancake House chain.

Monday: Tried out a place called Big Racks or Large Racks. They serve racks of ribs, and I believe it's a play on words in that the female waitstaff is supposed also be sporting "big
racks." Not so much. I guess "Big Bedonkadonk", or "Sweet Buns" wouldn't have had the same ring. Anyway while there I destroyed the half rack of 8 ribs, with onion rings, and rosemary mashed potatoes, and two large cups of root beer.

The rest of the week involved eating foods at school I shouldn't be eating, such as a sleeve of Girl Scout Doe Si Doe peanut butter cookies, 10 cookies at 75 calories each. Or indulging in the various soups, stews, and rolls the PTA had prepared for us for lunch on Friday.

And through all that combined with a record workout regimen I still lost 1/4th of an inch from my waist. I am grateful but I need to remind myself that I was not "all in" this past week. At least as far as the food goes. Workout wise I am quite happy with myself. However I really should have limited my "cheating" to two, maybe even three of the aforementioned meals. So the point is that I know myself, and I know what I must do, however knowing and doing may not go hand and hand, but being "all in" for my personal transformation requires that they jibe with one another. I know there are going to be times when my waist will not have registered a loss, however I want to be able to reflect back on those weeks, and KNOW that I was all in with my eating, and my working out, and that despite myself I did my best. I don't want to produce another list of meals like the above, as a causation as to why I wasn't successful that week. Lesson learned? I'm inclined to say yes, however the proof will be in the pudding, when I measure myself next week.

So enough of me. My sister Stacey had lap band surgery done a couple of weeks ago. I am proud to say that she has lost 22 pounds so far, since I spoke to her about it this past week. I'm very proud of her. Keep good thoughts going out to her as she continues on her journey. Good job Stace. I can't wait to see less of you in May.

So my mother recently bought a car. A dark blue Dodge Charger with a Hemi V8. Like a 65 year old, soon to be retired woman needs that! She took me for a ride. It's like a planes cockpit for her. She can just see over the dash. The ride was pretty cool, just up and back along I35 in Lewisville Texas. She is NOT afraid to hit the gas pedal. Still she's a pretty good driver, unlike my dad who is downright terrifying behind the wheel! I think given some time it's only a matter of time before she is racing Camaros, Challengers, and Mustangs, as well as some of the higher speed European and Japanese cars. Just stay out of her way, you've been warned.

I think that's it for tonight. I'm hearing the siren song of prepping for tomorrow, and going to sleep.

Best regards.




No comments: