Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Fit Strikes Back

Hi,

So after a two plus year hiatus, I'm back. In my last post around Thanksgiving of 2009 I spoke of buyers remorse over trading in my Honda Fit for a Honda CR-V. I'm happy to say that my cool little car is back as of last May and I couldn't be happier. This time I'm riding in style because the Fit is sporting NAVI, not that I use it.

So I really want to make a serious go of this blog. I think one of the things that the troubled me was that the blog, what little of it, lacked focus. I'm changing that.

The focus of my blog will be primarily about my body re-shaping challenge. The long and the short of it is that my self image has really limited what I think of myself and what I can accomplish. The reality is that when I'm fit the world and myself are filled with more opportunity, and when I'm not I find myself retreating from the world. Case in point my attendance at iai, (my sword class) over the past year is abyssmal. It has largely, (good word) to do with the increase in my girth, the fact that I can't fit into my uniform, my refusal to purchase another, and the difficulty in keeping said uniform on while practicing said techniques. I want to spend this year changing a bunch of those things.

My goal is to really live what I call the "Men's Health Magazine" lifestyle. Real simple, eating right and training right, in order to have a more fulfilling life. I want to be "ALL IN" and not half assing it, as I've been doing for the better part of 25 years. So here goes.

As of today January 1st 2012 I have a 51" waist. Put another way my waist is 4 feet, 3 inches around, the size of a little person. Seriously I woke up one day, looked in the mirror, and said "you have grandad Browns belly!" My grandfather died in his early 70's, (We don't know for sure how old he was), from a heart attack, complicated by diabetes, the latter exacerbated by the aforementioned huge belly. I would prefer to live longer with a greater quality of life, and not shut in.

I don't particularly care about getting on a scale. The numbers are entirely too random, however inches off my waist are inches off, no matter how you slice it, and it is likely almost all fat, and a tiny bit of water.

My goal is for a loss of 2 inches per month. It's going to require a serious focus of gym time, (lot's of cardio, mostly swimming), lots of weight training, (to maintain, and maybe build muscle, while increasing my metabolism), and eating cleanly 90% of the time. Look for weekly updates. I think I'm done for the day.

Best always.


No comments: