Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fear, Loathing, and Recommitting to "The Process"

Ok, so I didn't tape myself yesterday. I chose not to because I was afraid of having pushed, or worse, gaining more width that I'd already lost. My week was less than exemplary. The gym was not significant enough to warrant a loss. I need cardio, and I know intuitively that it didn't occur.

However I do know that there was a fair amount of crap eating, starting with Tuesday which is known in Mardi Gras parlance as Fat Tuesday. Not hard to figure out why considering the number of muffaleta sandwiches I ate generously. Or the intimate relationship I developed with a bag of Doritos in our grade level workroom.

You see I know where I am on this journey right now. I've lost interest in the process, because its not going according to my schedule, and I haven't been doing the things necessary this week to make this happen, like cardio. And the thing is I know I need the exercise, because after a day of teaching 5th graders the best thing for me to do is go to that gym and hit it. I come out feeling better and more energized. So to get back to the point I've got to regain interest in the process NOW!

So I commit to getting up and dusting myself off and start again, learning from the past, but not wallowing in it, and moving forward. Tomorrow morning the gym, lot's of weights, tomorrow night is cardio. And I eat the food I prepared myself, not anything else. I control what goes in. I make the choices that benefit me, and not harm me. And I simply move forward. New day tomorrow, but the process continues.

Okay enough platitudes.

I think that's it for now. Until next week, when we'll find out the strength of said platitudes.

I'll end this on two positive notes, my sister Stacey has lost over 30 lbs since she had the lap band surgery done last month. You go Stace, awesome job!

The other positive note is that my step sister Alecia Fryman and her husband Jeff are expecting the arrival of their baby boy, no later than the end of this week. When I post again next week Alecia and Jeff will be parents to a healthy baby boy, and their new journey as a family will begin. My mom and step father will be grandparents. I'm excited for my mom to become nana Judy. Stacey will be an aunt, and I'll be uncle Dave. Yeah that makes me smile!

Best regards.





No comments: